Wednesday, June 26, 2013

While I should be painting.....

It has been crazy hot with high humidity, i.e., typical Tennessee summer.  Usually, at this point in the summer, I am well and truly holed up in my house.  In the air conditioning.  Period.  But I started the whole painting the deck furniture thing and I need to finish it.  The table and six chairs are finished and I just have the chaise left.  At the moment I am at my parents up in Illinois so I will finish up when I get home.  I am getting quite a bit of work done on some needlework projects while I am here.  Hopefully, photos will be posted soon!

Last Friday I was returning from dropping my son off at camp, fully intending to get an early start on painting when I heard tiny little voices calling my name.  Well, of course, I followed the sound of those voices to a yard sale and look what I found!


They are sad, in need of some TLC, major amounts of paint, and I can't wait to do it! I picked up all these cuties and a huge bag of Christmas ornaments for $4.50!  I LOVE yard sales!

Hopefully I will have a finished afghan to show off tomorrow.  
Thanks for stopping by!
Sandie

3 comments:

  1. I tried to comment last week and it never posted! I love the little garden friends! They'll look adorable in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked quite a bit on my Baltimore block. I love how it's turning out. One of my favorite things to do is rescuing old things and giving them new life!

    ReplyDelete