Saturday, June 15, 2013

Procrastination Saturday

Well, today I was going to get up early and start on my chairs before it got terribly hot.  I got up early.  Did I work on my chairs?  Nope.  I went yard saling, saleing, sale-ing?  Pffft. I went to yard sales.  Why?  Because I almost always find something interesting and I get to know the area I live in.  We have been here over a year but I am constantly finding little subdivisions that I didn't know about.  And if you want to find the best stuff you have to be there early so by the time I finished, it was too hot to work on the chairs.  Today I found quite a haul.



I don't have any patriotic decorations so I bought tea light holders and an Uncle Sam.  I am always on the hunt for Christmas and today I found 2 red glass hurricanes, a Santa bobble head and a Jim Shore snowman ornament.  I also bought a set of cool cordial/shot glasses, a clear cylinder hurricane, and a necklace that I thought my daughter might like.  Not pictured are over 10 yards of fabric that I got for $8 (it's in the wash), and two outdoor candle holders that are, well, outdoors.  Both have to be painted so they will show up on here at some later date.
Now, I said I am always on the hunt for Christmas, and that's true.  I love to find a great bargain or something really old or unusual.  I do NOT however, have any desire to even THINK about Christmas decorating in June.  JUNE!  I was at Hobby Lobby today and, yep, they are setting up Christmas. 

 I just finished planting all of my flowers and I have not yet harvested a tomato. I think Christmas decorations in June is ridiculous.

Tomorrow Alan and I are going to wander around the new McKay's bookstore.  I suppose I should get up early and work on my chairs, but seriously, I'm not even going to pretend like that is going to happen.  Besides it's Father's Day.  It's a holiday.  I don't work on holidays.

Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Great scores!! And I know what you are talking about when you say 'Jim Shore' ornament now!! I agree with the Christmas decorations - they aren't having some sort of 'Christmas in July' celebration are they? - we sometimes have it here but very unofficial and more just an excuse for a party and not really made a fuss of by shops. Hope you enjoyed the bookstore :-)

    ReplyDelete