Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!


I hope all of you have had a wonderful Christmas.  It has been a great year in this house.  Crazy busy as always but lots of fun and laughs.  We had an open house which was very nice but we really picked a bad weekend.  All but one of our neighbors were out of town.  We did have quite a few friends that we hadn't seen in a very long time come by and that was awesome.  Alan had a last minute out of town meeting for work, well, out of country, Seoul, South Korea and didn't get back until 11:30 a.m. the day of the party.  But my darling daughter was home from college and was a huge help getting everything ready.  I certainly didn't get everything on my list finished but I did get enough done that I was satisfied with it.  There is still quite a bit of baking to do - for the postman, trash collectors, Alan's co-workers etc.  And we are having people over New Year's Eve so there needs to be plenty of goodies around.  Anyway, I do have a few photos.  Both of the top hats I made I am absolutely tickled with.  So, here's a quick photo tour of the house.

Even Elvis and Marley got into the spirit!








I found an online tutorial for these
We will be making more for next year!


This is  a yard sale find.
It had an old scratched up brass
finish when I bought it.



This was post party so
most of the trays are empty, LOL!


I am so pleased with how this turned out.



Another yard sale find.
I don't like how the trees turned out
(wrong type of lights)
but I am tickled with the pots!


Our ever growing collection of nutcrackers

I glittered the candle!  It looks better in person.

Second top hat!

Well, obviously I haven't gotten any better formatting these photos.  And on top of that they all look blurry to me.  I think that will be my New Year's goal - learning to format my blog.

Thanks for wading through it and I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Sandie






1 comment:

  1. Hey this is weird as I have commented on this... I love it all and am amazed at all you manage to create! It blows me away to see all this decorating - makes my efforts appear very meagre :-)

    ReplyDelete