Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's officially finished!

I have finally finished painting.  WooHoo!  I have now painted every single room in my house.  Tons of work, hours precariously perched on extension ladders and scaffolding, but we love the results.  We also replaced all the mini blinds with 2 1/2" wood blinds.  Eh, faux wood but the look is the same.
Befroe
After




Awesome husband replacing fan
We strapped the ladder to the scaffolding


New ceiling fan!

I still have the banisters to do but that will probably have to wait until spring.

Quick recap of November - Had 6 of my daughters friends from college for a weekend.  Lots of laughs and food.  All of them were wonderful.

Son turned 14. Yikes!  He wanted pi cookies.  I found a lovely copper pi shaped cookie cutter but it was $24.  Um, no.  So I made one.
I made it out of metal strapping.
The cookies turned out great.


Had to make a few ginger ninjas for one of my son's classmates - special request
All of those funny little eggs shapes now look like this - 

I finished the white top hat and it turned out so much better than the black one that I redid the black one.



I knit a scarf.  The pattern is awesome but it was wool and yeah, I know what happens to wool when you wash it but I did it anyway.



I still think it turned out pretty good.  I don't really like the leaves, I don't quite have that technique mastered but I'll wear it.  I might try another one with a different yarn.  Again, sometime in the spring.

Well, needless to say, it is December and I am decorating so I have to run.  Daughter comes home from college on Thursday, husband's office party the same day, and lots and lots of cookies to make!

As always, thanks for stopping by!












3 comments:

  1. Whoa! Don't let my mother see those photos of her son up there!!!!!
    Congratulations on finishing that painting!!! Good to see a fan in your craft area.
    I'd forgotten YD and A share the same birthdate. Clever you with the pi cookies!
    Have fun with your decorating and Christmas crafting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am visiting from Raewyn's site. I loved the name of your blog and just had to stop by! Your house looks lovely. I am esp. impressed with your PI cookie cutter. How clever of you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! The PI cookies were a huge success with my son. They say necessity is the mother of invention and I think that is true. Please come by again!

      Delete