Monday, August 12, 2013

Oh, to be a fly on the wall

Or a spider, or anything else that could climb walls.  I am trying to paint the highest areas in the living room and it is awful.  Heights are not one of my strengths.
I plan on painting the ceiling and it is textured so I'm doing the cutting in on it first.  I managed to do the first coat tonight.  I'll do the second tomorrow and then I can cut in on the wall colors.  Unfortunately, this is not the highest place in the living room.   
 
This is the highest spot.  
I can't even think about that right now as I tend to get overwhelmed.

I finished the shelves for the bakers rack and LOVE it!
The color is Mozart blue.  My postman even came into the garage while I was painting because he wanted to see what I was doing with that color.  It just looks blue on my screen but it is such a beautiful deep hue in person.  I love paint color names.  Wouldn't that be an awesome job to come up with those names?  

I have had very little time to do any sewing. When I do sit down, I'm exhausted and can't be bothered to do anything but just sit.  I have made a tiny bit of progress on my Baltimore block.
All of the stems and leaves are done so I'm on to the flowers.  Then I will have the embroidery to do.  I do like how it is turning out.  Luckily, it's just for me because my applique skills leave a great deal to be desired.  Hopefully, I will get better as I go along.  

I will be starting a Mystery Block Quilt with my sister-in-law very soon and it is all applique.  It's going to be an adorable quilt. She has finished her first block and I can't wait to get started on mine.  I have most of the fabrics and the pattern printed out.  Now it's just a matter of getting a few minutes to get the rest together and start cutting and sewing.  Soon, I hope!

It's getting late here and I am off to bed.  More painting tomorrow!  
Thanks for stopping by!

Sandie




1 comment:

  1. I continue to be impressed with the heights you go to for a decent paint job - awesome!! And I do love that deep blue you have used on the Baker's rack - I want some too :-) Gorgeous Baltimore applique, the red print was a great choice for the flowers - really gives them oommpff. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Little People!!

    ReplyDelete