Monday, June 10, 2013

WELCOME!

Well, if you are reading this, you either know me or you have inadvertently wandered in.  Either way, glad you stopped by!


I decided to start a blog for two reasons.  One, as an answer to so many of the questions I get from friends and family, i.e., "What have you been doing? What are you working on?  Are you STILL working on that?"  and my personal favorite -  "How do you stay at home I would be so bored." Really?  People who don't  know me very well are generally the ones who ask this. 

I have never met a craft that I didn't like.  I knit, crochet, sew, quilt, paint, decoupage, stamp, make jewelry, doll making, sculpt, draw....really, it goes on and on and on. The problem with this is I like to do all of them at the same time.   Which leads to the second reason I started this blog - I am hoping this will work as a sort of accountability journal.  Yeah, yeah, I know, but I can hope.

My intention is to post beginning and ending projects.  Occasionally I will post updates or progress reports.  I thought I might start by listing all of the projects currently in progress.  Uh, no.  There are so many that I would never get back to the blog so I'm just going to start where I am now.  Seriously.  There are that many.

One of the things you will soon discover is the amount of time a project takes is NOT something I consider when diving in.  I don't care how long it takes.  I started a cross stitch Christmas stocking for my daughter when she was born.  By the time I had it finished, six years later, my son was born, daughter wanted snowmen not elves, and so my sons name went on the stocking.  Yes, I have started one for my daughter and no, it will not be finished any time soon.  She's 20. She also learned a valuable lesson, lol.  Be very careful about turning down a project that I have actually completed!

One of the outcomes of a project taking too long is that I no longer want or care about a project by the time I get back around to it.  I don't care.  I'll find a way to use it for something else.  I decided to knit scarves for my daughter and her roommate in their college colors.  I completely finished one when I realized that neither one of them would actually wear them.  I am currently in the process of making an afghan out of the scarf.  They will use an afghan.  All of the time I had invested in the scarf was well spent because I enjoyed every minute of knitting it. 

I enjoy the process.  If the end result is what I intended, great.  If not?  Oh, well, on to the next thing, or back to the one I started six years ago, whatever.

Well, if I want to actually accomplish anything today, I need to get off of here and on to it! 

Have a good one!  
Sandie

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo welcome to blogland Sandie! You are a girl after my own heart - I sincerely believe in the 'process not the product':-) I look forward to seeing more of your creativeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying! I swear this blog is up by pure accident, lol. Between this and my new smartphone I am feeling sooooo old. I think the blog is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete