Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring is here!

And I am not ready!  Gee, that's a newsflash, eh?  I went to my parents house in Illinois for what was supposed to be a weekend visit but life happened and I stayed a bit longer.  Dad got sick and ended up in the hospital for 5 days so I hung around another week.  When I left on my trip, a few of the Bradford pear trees were starting to bloom but nothing else.  I came home to rose bushes all greened out and my lilac bush is absolutely covered with buds just ready to burst into flower.


All of the seeds I planted have sprouted and will need to be planted in a week or two.  It will have to be two, I suppose.  The pots I had them in last year faded terribly.  Rustoleum and Krylon both have spray paint made specifically for plastic so I am going to try to paint them.   The Krylon comes in bright primary colors and you spray it directly on the pots.  The Rustoleum is a primer and any paint can be used on top.  I bought both and have sprayed a pot with each.  Both have a 7 day curing time so in a week I will know which one works the best.



I was working on the border of an afghan when I went to Illinois.   I managed to finish it yesterday.



While I was at my parents, I finished the applique on another little people block


I want to change 2 of the hats but overall I am happy with it.  Ugh!  Now that I see the photo, one of the lines on the jungle gym is goofy.  Oh, well, I will fix that when I change the hats.  There is embroidery to do on all of the blocks but each time I finish the applique I can't wait to get to the next one, LOL!  I decided I will finish all of the applique, then I will go back and do the embellishments. 

My fabulously talented husband is building a sofa table for me.  It's going to run along the whole back of the sofa and is about 8" wide.  Just wide enough to display photos.  He's almost finished building it, then I have to paint it.  Hopefully, I will be able to get to it before the weather gets too hot.  Spring does not last very long here in Tennessee.



I did find time to support the local economy while in Illinois.  I like to do my part.  This little guy decided to come home with me.



Isn't he cute?  I love hedgehogs.  

Laundry is calling so I'll stop here.  

Thanks for stopping by!


Sandie

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear your Dad's not been well Sandie. Good on you for being there for them. Love your little peoples block!! I haven't started that one yet. Your little hedgehog is too cute!

    ReplyDelete