Friday, February 21, 2014

One Holiday Behind

Before we left on our trip, I had started making a paper rose wreath for Valentine's Day.  I finished it today. On the plus side,  it will be ready for next year.







I found the pattern and tutorial for these roses on Pinterest. (I LOVE PINTEREST!)  This is the website The Elli blog  and she has many great ideas.   The directions say use thin letter weight paper but I used card stock and it worked
great.  The wreath took about 60 roses and it's 1 rose to an 8 1/2"x11" page.  I glued them to bamboo skewers but you could use toothpicks or stem wire.  I used the bamboo skewers  because I wanted to use a straw wreath as a base and they needed to be sturdy to poke into the straw.  I just wrapped burlap around the wreath then poked the flowers into it. I didn't even bother taking off the plastic before I wrapped it. The I tied an organza ribbon at the top for a hanger.

I love these so much that I started hunting around for fun double-sided cardstock in other colors or patterns.



And I have some new paper to try out!  But first I have an Easter project to finish.  Luckily, it's just a bit of glitter and glue.  I think.  We'll see, LOL!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Sandie

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it is beautiful, Sandie!!! So each petal is cut out individually? That's a lot of work but so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 3 center petals are individual, then there are four layers. They aren't difficult, just time consuming. They are so sturdy, not fragile at all.

    ReplyDelete